Scripps Radio, Boise, ID is looking for a Chief Engineer for their 4 station cluster:
Assist with the design, specifications, documentation, oversight and installation of all systems and equipment for multiple stations. Develop and maintain thorough understanding of existing facilities and work toward making units safer, cohesive, and responsive to departments within station environment.
- Effectively manage the planning, design, installation and repair of all television, mobile and internet systems and equipment.
- Evaluate and maintain the spectrum and broadband usage of the facility.
- Motivate and manage a staff of professional maintenance engineers, operators and IT technicians.
- Coordinate projects; manage the scheduling of personnel; and plan, design, and document on-going and future television and online systems.
- Work with related departments; in the determination of current and future studio and transmission needs; in the preparation and tracking of capital, expense, repair and maintenance budgets; in the evaluation of equipment prior to purchase.
- Communicate professionally with individuals and groups within and outside of the station. Communicate on a frequent basis with all other departments.
- Maintain good personnel labor relations. Identify training needs, motivate and develop staff to meet the on-going and future technological needs of the station.
- Keep the station compliant with the FCC Rules and Regulations, as well as related local, state and federal regulations. Work with Corporate personnel in particular areas of common interest.
- Perform other duties as needed and as directed by the General Manager and Sr Dir, Engineering.
Education & Experience/Certifications
- An associate degree in electrical or electronic engineering from an accredited institution is preferred.
- A BSEE degree is advantageous
Skills & Abilities
- Must have an understanding of electronic, electrical, mechanical, and information systems.
- Standard office environment
Full-time Radio Engineer
Mapleton, Redding, CA
We are currently looking for a full time broadcast engineer for the Redding/Chico market. We offer very competitive pay and benefits. Let me know if you are interested.
Director of Operations
Redding Radio/Radio Chico (Mapleton)
3360 Alta Mesa Drive
Redding, CA 96002
530.226.9500 Fax 530.221.4940
KQMS~ KSHA~ KRRX~ KWLZ~ KRDG~ KNRO~KALF~KFMF~KQPT~KZAP
Full-time TV Chief Engineer
NPG of Oregon in Bend, OR
NPG of Oregon Inc., a cluster of television stations that includes the NBC, FOX, The CW, and Telemundo affiliates in Bend, Oregon is seeking a dynamic, technically advanced and self-motivated TV Chief Engineer.
Position requires total responsibility for the station’s technical operations, including studio, on-air, news, remote operations, production, power and video/IT systems as well as installation and maintenance of equipment at the transmitter site and translator(s). The Chief Engineer will direct the development and administration of departmental operating plans, budgets and capital projects, and will direct and administer guidelines to assure the proper functioning and maintenance of all technical equipment and systems. Additional responsibilities included organizational effectiveness and compliance with all local, state and federal laws. The Chief Engineer will work closely with news, creative services, finance and all other creative and administrative departments within the station and NPG Corp. This position will be critical to help determine and direct the course of future technology selection and integration based on research and experiential knowledge.
Candidates must possess sound leadership abilities, strong collaboration skills, excellent verbal and written communication and a proven record in project-planning and implementation. At least two years’ experience in broadcast television engineering is required, with a four-year degree in communications, electrical engineering or information technology preferred. Must manage and perform on-call duties and work flexible hours. Our organization is driven to build a legacy of technological firsts and dominant news ratings all while developing Internet and new media strategies. NPG of Oregon is the primary news provider for the community with a long standing tradition of service to the citizens of Central Oregon. This is an excellent opportunity for someone to make their mark in an established organization that has invested heavily in its property.
This is a full time position with a competitive benefits package. Candidate must possess or be able to acquire a valid Oregon driver license.
Special requirements consist of lifting heavy objects and working on ladders up to 20 feet in height and on high rooftops, ability to perform work requiring the lifting, moving and setting up of television, multimedia and related production equipment and the ability to lift up to 50 lbs and work in tight spaces behind equipment racks.