Alpha Media, Portland
Alpha Media, Portland is looking for a full-time Broadcast/Studio
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, Alpha Media owns or operates over 200 live broadcast radio stations and digital properties covering all formats serving 44 markets across the United States. In addition to our over-the-air broadcasts, Alpha audio products can be heard across multiple platforms, including all major smart devices. Strong relationships with our listeners and clients in the communities where we live and work keep Alpha Media true to its local-first heritage.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following:
The successful candidate will be familiar with radio-related technologies including, but not limited to, networking and IT, PC/software maintenance and repair, AM and FM transmitter repair and installation, VHF and UHF radio technology, digital and analog audio, EAS equipment, and broadcast studio equipment maintenance.
- Installs and performs maintenance on control consoles, boards, recording equipment, microphones, digital audio systems, transmitters, controls, remote equipment, etc.
- Performs necessary measurements of equipment performance.
- May have responsibilities relating to IT.
- Lead event AV setups from start to finish.
- Operate A/V equipment in a live show setting.
- Responsible for setting up FOH soundboard, lights and stage plots, and inputs for performances and presentations.
- Responsible for managing booth sound to ensure high-quality audio is captured and edited during performances, optimized for live stream, radio clips, and video content.
- Must have a proficient understanding of camera (video and photo) operation as well as a deep understanding of live-stream programs in order to efficiently oversee part-time staff during events and ensure a successful online experience for fans.
- Must have experience with stage/event lighting and be willing to program and assist during events.
- Other duties as assigned by the Chief Engineer.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of all applicable FCC rules and regulations.
- Technical knowledge of electronics and electromechanics.
- Current SBE Membership.
- Experience with cluster-wide studio equipment and operations, audio routing, AES and AoIP protocols, digital audio delivery and radio automation systems, EAS, studio telephone, and engineering IT systems.
- Knowledge of electrical systems, UPS, and standby generators and recordkeeping.
- Knowledge of telephone systems and protocols including POTS, 1A2, ISDN, T1, DSL, VoIP, and PRI circuits.
- IT skills including PC/server troubleshooting and repair and knowledge of TCP/IP, UDP, and local area networking.
- Manages technology inventory to ensure everything is functioning and stored properly, including camera equipment, stage lighting, house lighting, soundboards, speaker systems, hard drive storage, and miscellaneous A/V equipment.
- A proficient understanding of Front of House audio setup and operation.
- A proficient understanding of camera (video and photo) operation as well as an understanding of live-stream programs.
- Experience with stage/event lighting and be willing to program and assist during events.
- Ability to work varied and changing schedules (nights, weekends, and early mornings included).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving ability and skill in prioritizing.
- Interact with management and staff at all levels in a personable and professional manner.
- Ability to multi-task and handle pressures and deadlines.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and current vehicle insurance.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
Preference will be given to candidates who have the above experience plus the following :
- Associates or Technical Degree in Broadcast Engineering Technology or related field or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Experience with WideOrbit Automation for Radio.
- Experience with Axia AoIP
- Experience with Directional AM Systems.
- Knowledge of telephone systems and cellular.
- SBE, Microsoft, and CompTIA Certifications.
- Ability to lift and/or move loads up to 75lbs.
- Ability to climb ladders and work on elevated surfaces.
- Ability to be on 24 x 7 x 365 callout for after-hours emergencies or routine maintenance as needed.
Alpha Media invests in people who invest in themselves and offers employees a competitive package of health and welfare benefits.
- Employer-sponsored medical, dental & vision insurance with a variety of coverage options.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for full-time and part-time employees, as well as all household members at no cost.
- 401(k) with discretionary employer matching.
- Paid vacation, company holidays, and a birthday day for you to use during your birthday month.
- Alpha Cares – paid volunteer hours.
- Pet adoption subsidy.
Alpha Media is a diverse multimedia company that merges the attributes of broadcast media and digital media to serve our clients and communities. We hire and retain top talent who are unique, innovative, and vibrant, and we provide them with a culture of support to help each person achieve their professional goals.
Alpha values Integrity, a Can Do Attitude, Passion, Competitive
Alpha Media is an equal opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify.