KOIN 6 a Nexstar Media Group, Inc. Television Station in Portland, Oregon is seeking a Maintenance Engineer in a top 20 market.
The Maintenance Engineer participates in managing and maintaining all broadcast and technology related equipment within the facility.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Participate in managing and maintaining all broadcast and technology related equipment within the facility
- Understand and assist in compliance with rules and regulations applicable to FCC, local, state, and federal laws
- Help implement new technologies and technical infrastructure for the facility.
- Participate in engineering and other technical projects
- Evaluate, select, install, service, and maintain facility broadcast equipment and information technology systems
- Work closely with management and co-workers to ensure company objectives are being met
- Other duties as needed
Requirements & Skills:
- Three (3) years previous broadcast engineering experience
- The ability to terminate broadcast and IT related cables is required
- Experience with Broadcast automation systems, routers, video storage devices, SAN storage, satellite ground stations, and RF preferred
- Strong interpersonal and organization skills
- Ability to identify the development needs of others and coach/mentor others to improve their knowledge and/or skills
- Provide Desktop support
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work extended hours as needed, may include overnight and weekends
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- ‘Can Do’ attitude, desire to learn new skills consistent with good engineering/IT practices
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The Maintenance Engineer must be able to stand, sit, reach, climb, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers. Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
Must be able to work varied shifts, including nights, weekends, early mornings, and holidays.
NOTE: This job description contains the basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned.
Please remember to attach your cover letter, resume and a link to your demo reel (if applicable).
ABOUT US: Broadcasting since 1953, KOIN 6 News is Portland’s CBS affiliate, providing local news, network and syndicated entertainment to viewers in Oregon and SW Washington. KOIN 6 News is Watching Out For You with 34 hours of local news broadcasts each week, featuring award-winning, in-depth investigations, news, weather and traffic.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you’ll enjoy your career with us.
KOIN is an equal opportunity employer that seeks diversity in our workforce. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
KOIN values the contribution of its employees. We recognize their efforts by offering a competitive compensation plan and an array of benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(K), and more. We are committed to a drug and alcohol-free workplace. Any job offer is conditional upon satisfactorily completing a background and DMV check.