Network Support Technicians, OPB
OPB is looking for two Network Support Technicians (to be based in Bend, Oregon) passionate about technology to join an expanding team supporting OPB’s content creation and distribution. This non-exempt regular status represented position is full-time and includes benefits.
Assist in supporting OPB’s engineering statewide IP and microwave network and its enterprise servers. Assist in managing OPB’s video and audio infrastructure for content creation and delivery across multiple sources and outlets. This involves maintaining, updating, installing and patching both traditional IT infrastructure and broadcast equipment such as transmitters, translators, microwave radios, two-way radio systems, signal processing network switches, and various systems related to content distribution systems and physical plant infrastructure.
The work is primarily based out of the Bend central office. Work will include travel to OPB sites across the state as needed and may include varying shifts including evenings, overnights, weekends, holidays and being a part of an on-call rotation. Travel and work at remote sites will require the operation of (and possibly the need to perform, in the field, basic emergency mechanical repairs to) four-wheel drive vehicles and possibly tracked snow vehicles. Exposure to very high voltages and RF non-ionizing radiation is possible at most sites. The work may require challenging physical activity, including tower climbing (up to 230 feet in height), lifting up to 50 pounds and moving up to 75 pounds, working in inclement weather, and/or walking or hiking around 2 miles.
- One year of professional experience
- Strong systems troubleshooting skills and understanding of signal flow
- Basic knowledge of: IP networking (including switch or router management), video resolutions, aspect ratios, file types, digital audio bitrates, sample rates, and physical connections
- Customer-service oriented and tactful; must maintain harmonious relationships with co-workers and interact with the public professionally and competently
- Must take initiative and balance multiple priorities with accuracy
- Organized and meticulous, oriented to problem solving, teamwork, systematic thinking, constant pursuit of improvement
- Ability to document complex systems, such as video, audio, RF or fiber delivery paths
- Must be able to lift equipment weighing up to 50 pounds and move equipment up to 75 pounds
- Must have valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
- Ability to meet physical demands of the working conditions
- Ability to be trained to wear proper safety equipment and follow safety protocols, perform emergency repairs on vehicles, be safe in inclement weather, and possibly climb towers
- Enthusiasm for the mission of OPB
- Two years’ experience in a video, audio, or IT related field
- Two-year technical degree
- Understanding of digital video theory, codec and wrapper types, and streaming
- Experience working in both Windows and OS X operating systems
- Basic electronic skills including operating a DMM, soldering, component level troubleshooting, and operating test equipment
- Experience configuring and maintaining large IP networks, including Layer 3 routing and VLAN management
- Experience working with automation systems and content management systems
- Experience with Crispin automation, Omneon servers, Enco and Wheatstone
- Tower climbing experience or tower/rigging certification
- Please send an email or letter of interest requesting the instructions on how to apply for this position (Network Support Technician) to firstname.lastname@example.org or OPB Human Resources, 7140 SW Macadam Ave., Portland, OR 97219.
- Instructions on how to apply will be sent within 24 hours of receiving the letter of interest Monday through Friday. If a letter of interest is sent over the weekend or a holiday, application instructions will be sent by the end of the next business day.
All application materials are due by:
April 11, 2017, 5 p.m. (Pacific Time).
TV Operations Manager, KOVR/KMAX
in West Sacramento, California
CBS BUSINESS UNIT: CBS Television Stations
JOB TYPE: Full-Time Staff
JOB SCHEDULE: Full-Time
JOB LOCATION: West Sacramento, CA
CBS Television Stations consists of 29 owned-and-operated stations, including 16 that are part of the CBS Television Network, eight affiliates of The CW Network, three independent stations and two MyNetworkTV affiliates. Among its stations are WCBS-TV and WLNY-TV (New York), KCBS-TV and KCAL-TV (Los Angeles), WBBM-TV (Chicago), KYW-TV and WPSG-TV (Philadelphia), KTVT-TV and KTXA-TV (Dallas-Ft. Worth), KPIX-TV and KBCW-TV (San Francisco), WBZ-TV and WSBK-TV (Boston), WUPA-TV (Atlanta), WWJ-TV and WKBD-TV (Detroit), KSTW-TV (Seattle), WTOG-TV (Tampa-St. Petersburg), WCCO-TV (Minneapolis), KCNC-TV (Denver), WFOR-TV and WBFS-TV (Miami), KOVR-TV and KMAX-TV (Sacramento), KDKA-TV and WPCW-TV (Pittsburgh), WJZ-TV (Baltimore), as well as WCCO-TV’s satellite stations KCCO-TV (Alexandria, Minn.) and KCCW-TV (Walker, Minn.).
Operations Manager Job Description
Expert knowledge of all equipment required for Studio, Remote, and Master Control operations for two television stations
Expert knowledge of broadcast equipment interrelationships and networking
Expert knowledge of industry trends and best practices as they relate to improving station operating methods
Advanced PC skills – Windows, Mac, Linux
Personnel management – locate, recruit, hire, schedule, train, and evaluate large staff (40+) for both Studio and Master Control operations
Multitasking – the ability to handle multiple high-priority projects simultaneously with the ability to shift quickly as dynamic situations change
Project Management – the ability to work with other station departments and outside vendors to generate, plan, execute, and implement large capital projects efficiently and on budget
Continuous improvement and innovation – the ability to continuously evaluate facilities, environments, and personnel in order to improve station operating methods
Plan the personnel schedule for Studio Production, Master Control, and other special projects based on broadcast demands
Supervise staff to make sure duties are performed in an excellent manner and make immediate adjustments as needed
Communicate constantly with Engineering, IT, News, Sales, Creative Services, and Programming departments to ensure their requirements are met
Monitor FCC and other legal compliances where necessary
Required Education and Experience
College degree in Television Production or similar subject area
Formal Business education is a plus
5+ years’ experience in a top 50 market broadcast environment with progressive technical, supervisory, and management experience
Demonstrable expert technical skills in all relevant broadcast systems
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled