Alpha Media in Portland, Oregon is seeking a results-oriented Chief Engineer with a proven track record in Broadcast Media. The Chief Engineer will be responsible for maintaining all station technical operations within FCC regulations while adhering to company policies to ensure consistent, high-quality delivery of content to our local communities. The successful candidate will have a proven ability to prioritize work, manage the stress of a high-pressure work environment, and comply with all company procedures and internal controls associated with the assigned duties.
- EAS & Maintenance log management & review.
- Manage engineering maintenance, both hands-on as well as overseeing assistant(s) and sub-contractors/vendors.
- Maintain minimal downtime of RF and Audio systems including emergency repairs. but also planning and advocating for any necessary improvements to all systems.
- Participate, as needed, with other departments for technical support in planning and executing initiatives.
- Work with the Regional Director of Engineering to manage capital projects and implement corporate initiatives.
- This position requires a minimum of 5 years of experience in electronic troubleshooting, including repairs for audio, video, and radio frequency, microwave, equipment, and experience working in satellite communications.
- Minimum 5 years of experience as Station Assistant Chief Engineer or Staff Engineer.
- SBE Certification.
- Understanding of both FM & AM RF Systems and Remote site control.
- Knowledge of troubleshooting and maintenance of high-powered solid-state and tube-type AM and FM transmitters, and AM directional antenna arrays.
- Familiarity with broadcast automation and centralized audio routing systems.
- Working knowledge of STL systems, RF & Landlines, including analog, digital, and IP.
- A flexible self-manager with the ability to prioritize tasks and shift priorities as needed.
- Must possess a valid state driver’s license and proof of insurability.
- Ability to lift and/or move loads up to 75 pounds, with the ability to climb ladders and work on elevated surfaces.
- Ability to be on call for after-hour emergencies or routine maintenance as the need arises.
- Experience with Axia LiveWire routing and consoles.
- Experience with Wide Orbit Automation for Radio.
- Experience as a Team Leader/Supervisor.
- Microsoft, and CompTIA Certifications.
- Demonstrated Project Management skills.
- Employer-sponsored medical, dental & vision insurance with a variety of coverage options.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for full-time and part-time employees as well as all household members at no cost.
- 401(k) with discretionary employer matching.
- Paid vacation, company holidays, and a birthday day for you to use during your birthday month.
- Alpha Cares – paid volunteer hours.
- Pet adoption subsidy.
Alpha Media is a diverse multimedia company that merges the attributes of broadcast media and digital media to serve our clients and communities. We hire and retain top talent who are unique, innovative, and vibrant, and we provide them with a culture of support to help each person achieve their professional goals.
If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us at 1-877-459-5750 or alpha.hrservices@
O: 503.517.6351 | F: 503.517.6061 | Time Zone – PST